Based on your anatomy, you can get a breast implant done by cosmetic surgeons that are trained in the category of breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty. Implants are being used since the 1960s and the choices in the types of implants are only growing by the day. There are a number of reasons as to why a woman would like to undergo this surgery.
- It is carried out in order to restore or correct partial or complete loss of the breast(s) which happens due to certain diseases, mastectomy or trauma.
- Some women feel that it is necessary to enlarge their breasts thereby enhancing breast contour.
- Sometimes, after pregnancy, your breasts may tend to sag and go out of shape; therefore, cosmetic surgery done unto the breasts can help to restore size and shape.
- Through this surgery, breast size is corrected and it is also helpful in correcting asymmetry.
- Existing breast implants can be replaced which may be either due to cosmetic or reconstructive reasons.